Re: Poor documentation choice in HTML

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 03:06:24 GMT

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 01:25:01 GMT, root_at_virginia.edu wrote:

>Does anyone else feel that the HTML documentation supplied with
>Oracle8 is difficult to use?

I have mixed feelings about it. It certainly is a bit more sluggish--some of those HTML files are HUGE. Compare looking up a specific SQL command in HTML vs Acrobat. In Acrobat you could navigate directly to the command using the left-hand pane. With the HTML docs, you navigate to the FILE that contains the command, then you have to page-down all through that file until you get to it.

On the other hand, more people in our office have Netscape installed than Acrobat. So the switch to HTML has made the docco more accessible. I've also linked from our internal web site to the docs.

jonathan Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 22:06:24 CDT