Returning to Old Datafiles

From: Dean Mah <dmah_at_acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:28:45 -0600

I am a totally newbie when it comes to recovery and I assuming that this is a simple question.

What I want to do is to go back to using last Monday's data for a particular tablespace. What I plan to do is:

  1. Get the old datafiles from tape.
  2. Take the tablespace offline.
  3. Overwrite the current datafiles with the old ones.
  4. Re-open the tablespace.

However, I don't want to run all of the transactions from last Monday forward.

Are there any gotcha's here that I have to look out for? Any advice?

Our set-up is Oracle 7.3.2 on AIX 4.1.5. Cold backups are done nightly.

Thanks,
Dean Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 15:28:45 CDT