Re: Oracle ODBC Drivers

From: <candi_at_altavista.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:39:36 -0600

Hmm...
It depends which features you need.
The Intersolv driver supports Oracle 8 features, while the Microsoft driver uses a 7.3.3 client to talk to Oracle 8.

The Microsoft driver supports MTS, which I believe the Intersolv driver does not support. The Microsoft driver is better suited for VB development, in part because they are from the same vendor.

Visigenic dropped its ODBC product line.

ODBC drivers are touchy, it may be difficult to switch drivers in the middle of development.

Did this confuse or help :-)

     candi