Installation Problem ORACLE8 on NT

From: John Spencer <spencer_at_nextpoint.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:18:22 -0400

I uninstalled all components of ORACLE8 under Windows NT 4.0 and attempted to reinstall it to another disk. However, everytime I try to reinstall, I get the message "Your current Oracle home D:\ORANT is an OCSM client installation managed by your system administrator. You may not install or remove products in this home."

The D drive is the new disk I am attempting to install to. I have tried various things, such as logging on as administrator, changing drive permissions to full access for everyone, and removing the Oracle entry in the registry, but the problem still exists.

Does anyone know how to workaround this problem?

Thank you. Received on Wed Apr 29 1998 - 18:18:22 CDT