ORAENV

From: Deborah A. Dawicki <dawicki_at_princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:33:16 -0400

Having problems with oraenv & coraenv on Sun Solaris OS 5.5.1. The owner of each is oracle with read and execute to everyone installed the default way when we ran orainst.
-rwxr-xr-x 1 oracle dba 2840 Sep 5 1997 coraenv
-rwxr-xr-x 1 oracle dba 2428 Sep 5 1997 dbhome
-rwxr-xr-x 1 oracle dba 2554 Sep 5 1997 oraenv

When I run it as oracle
UNIX>oraenv - it runs - but this isn't the proper way to run it. UNIX> . oraenv
Permission denied

Can you shed light to me regarding why I'm getting the permission denied?

And if I don't supply it a SID - and I set ORACLE_HOME to spaces before executing oraenv- running oraenv without a SID, or even with a SID - doesn't set ORACLE_HOME properly - it leaves it spaces. We are trying to use oraenv instead of setting up individual profile or cshrc to set ORACLE_HOME for some of our scheduling/batch UNIX ids.

If oraenv is not the best way to set ORACLE_HOME specifically - can you add any other Oracle installed mechanism to set ORACLE_HOME? I also am having same issues with coraenv. CSH is the default shell in our environment.

Please respond to Deb Dawicki - dawicki_at_princeton.edu

Thanks alot!