Re: ORA-3113 and 1041 with large PL/SQL scripts

From: Bart Kersteter <bjkerst_at_mcc-care.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 07:59:38 -0500

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your input. After trying to compile the script a few more times I noticed that it was actually dumping a trace file and core, inserting an ORA 7445 error in the alert log. I opened a TAR with Oracle and sent in the trace and core files. Oracle tech support got back to me and told me that they were able to reproduce it and that it was an instance of Oracle bug #476541. The tech guy couldn't tell me what was causing the pacakge to dump core like this, but the two things he suggested were to either compile the procedures individually ( i.e. not as parts of a package ), or to upgrade to Oracle 7.3.3.2 or later. I'm taking the second option since I need to do that anyway.

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions!

Bart