Re: OEM - where does the agent run?

From: <joseph_testa_at_aep.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:04:47 -0600

The agent runs where the databases are. example: i run OEM on my nt box, it handles 12 unix boxes running 7.3.3 and 8.0.3 of oracle db, the intelligent agent must be installed on the servers. 7.3.3 of agent and above auto configure themselves based on *.ora files. 7.3.2 you must manually create snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora, prior to 7.3.2, i am not sure intelligent agent existed. you would be able to manually add the db and servers for older version, but i am not sure you would be able to run jobs or have events capabilities.

hope that helps some,
joe

http://www.oracle-dba.com