Re: Oracle 7.3.2.3 "pause" problem

From: William Vollenweider <wvollenw_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:07:17 -0400

Even though you cannot open a SQL*Plus session I would imagine you could start a svrmgrl session on the server. If so look at the v$session_wait table and see what all of the clients are waiting on. They are all waiting on something and v$session_wait will tell you what that is. I would imagine that it is an internal lock or latch. You can also take a system state dump while this is happening to look at the details of all of the oracle processes. Waiters will show up in the state dump as well. The command to produce a system state dump is :

svrmgrl>
svrmgrl> alter session set events 'immediate trace name systemstate level 10';
svrmgrl>

The state dump will go to the user dump destination. Received on Wed Apr 29 1998 - 07:07:17 CDT