Re: Help - Export/Import a Row

From: Mick McRae <Mick.McRae_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:59:09 +1100

Joe,

The following should work;

  1. export the table. exp username1/passwd1
  2. import the table to a temporary user, say joe imp system/passwd file=expdat.dmp fromuser=username1 touser=joe tables=tablename
  3. sqlplus joe/passwd delete all records except the one you require
  4. export the table from joes schema
  5. ftp the file and import the table into the other database imp system/passwd file=expdat.dmp ignore=y fromuser=joe touser=newuser tables=tablename (The ignore=y will insert the record regardless of whether the table already exists.)

This method works well if the table contains long raws as you cant do a 'create table as select.........' when tables contain long raws.

Hope this helps
Mick