Problem with dld.sl/libc.1 version

From: Mike Pelletier <mikep_at_comshare.com>
Date: 1998/04/28

Hey all,

I'm trying to install Oracle on an HP/UX 10.10 system, and whenever I run "orainst" or a few other programs, I get the following error:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Invalid version for shared library: /usr/lib/libc.1
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Exec format error

./orainst[220]: 1139 Abort

I applied patch PHSS_10546 back in November of last year, which is the "dld.sl cumulative patch" for 10.10, and just installed PHCO_14690, which is the "libc cumulative patch", and still have the same problem.

Is it that the "orainst" program was linked against the original version of the libc.1 shared library? If so, does anyone have the original buggy version that they could e-mail to me? The patched version has a date of early 1997.

	-Mike Pelletier.
Support the Astronaut Dollar Coin Initiative:
                           <http://home.rmi.net/~dcarr/dollar.htm>