Re: The best server ?

From: Jgitomer <jgitomer_at_aol.com>
Date: 29 Apr 1998 03:21:31 GMT

Excuse me,

I am a Unix bigot, but the circumstances described in James article don't warrant Unix.
They really don't warrant NT either. Someone proposed using dBase III on DOS which, if DOS and dBase III were still being made and sold, would be right for the problem as described.

Given the principal that the simplest solution that fully solves the problem is the best solubion I would recommend Access on Win 3.1. Yes, even Abcess has its place -- this is it. I recommend Win 3.1 because it appears that (much to my surprise) 3.1 is more stable than Win 95 which, based on Bill Gates Chicago experience, is more stable than Win 98.

Regards

Jerry

Jerry Gitomer Since I know how to spell DBA, I became one. Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 22:21:31 CDT