Help with TRUNCATE command

From: Steve Vella <svella_at_csu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:05:54 +1000

Can someone help.

When using the TRUNCATE command on a 7.2.3.0.0 database I get the following error.

SQL> truncate table concept.pegltran_work; truncate table schema.table_name

                       *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

The DBA's have granted "DELETE ANY TABLE" access to the user account but it is not working. The database is not in the Trusted Oracle 7 in DBMS MAC mode. Can anyone who has come across this before please let me know how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Steve Vella
svella_at_csu.edu.au Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 01:05:54 CDT