Re: Sort_area_size parameter for the instance

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 17:56:54 +0200

>I am not able to increase the sort_area_size parameter for my oracle 7.3
>instance more than 64kbytes. If I increase in init.ora file and try to
restart
>the instance, it fails to start.
>
>Can I have this parameter more than 64 kbytes on Windows NT 4.0?

Yes, you can.
It is documented, that it may have unlimited value. Of course, it's up to OS limit. On NT 4.0 one process cannot allocate more than 2GB virtual memory (all SGA limitation). Unfortunetally, you didn't write the error code (ORA-what?). It might describe your problem much better. What about the other parameters of SGA ?

Piotr
pkol_at_otago.gda.pl Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 10:56:54 CDT