Re: Client and Server on different platforms?

From: Anton Eskov <anton_at_msoft.ru>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:37:36 +0400

Jason,

I think that in any case you need an appropriate Oracle SQL*NET (a piece of software which "talks" to the server) to be installed on the UNIX client. This software provides an interface (OCI - Oracle Call Interface), which, I believe, gives a solution for your problem. When I installed Windows client, I had an option to install C include files for OCI; I suppose Unix client installation has the same option.

HTH
Anton