Re: Which DML use more Rollback sapce?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/04/27

In article <6i0a82$km8$1_at_apple.news.easynet.net>, Colin Sutherland <c.sutherland_at_easynet.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>Rollback extents are issued on an individual transaction basis, This means
>that no one particular statement can take up more than the other. It just
>depends on the transaction being under taken.

The rollback segments contain a "before image" of the changed blocks. So, any transaction will use the same amount of space for a block. But of course, 1000 people might simultaneously be modifying a particular block... and there is a rollback segment cache... and unresolved distributed transactions...

So the answer that encompasses any particular suite of rollback segments is, it depends what they have been doing.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com