Re: automatically granting access to schema objects???

From: Dave Adkins <dave_adkins_at_fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:18:19 -0400

Someone wrote:
>I want to grant privilege to a user so they can select from any table/view
in a particular schema. I find if I add a object to the schema, I have to explicitly grant access to it to all the relevant users. Any way around this?

I would create a role then grant the privilege(s) needed to the role. That at least reduces the number of "grant" statements. It is also possible to grant a privilege to PUBLIC.

My solution was to write a script that runs nightly that grants select on every table, view, and sequence in a schema to a role defined for all relevant users. The script grants execute to the role for every procedure, function, and package in the schema. Received on Mon Apr 27 1998 - 20:18:19 CDT