Re: 7.3.2.3 to 7.3.4

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 27 Apr 1998 17:41:10 -0700

In article <01bd721a$ce6ce0c0$571b93c3_at_default>,  <suetim_at_globalnet.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Anybody out there got any views on how I convice my bosses that they should
>upgrade to 7.3.4 (from 7.3.2.3) intime for a major implementation in jan
>1999? Anybody done it and willing to tell me why? Anybody know of any good
>white papers detailing what the benefits/pitfalls of going up to what
>Oracle tell me is a terminal release?

Well, it's always difficult when it's not a given that you should stay supported. The classical fix is to pay an expensive consultant to tell them the obvious, tactfully skirting the obvious conclusion about their ability to evaluate risks.

Perhaps you should go to ftp://oracle-ftp.us.oracle.com/server/patch_sets/ for your platform and look at the patch_notes. There's bound to be a few bugs listed that could conceivably affect your implementation, especially with the vague and alarming descriptions some bugs have.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest

jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Mon Apr 27 1998 - 19:41:10 CDT