What is sgadef.dbf? - can't connect to listener

From: Joe Whalley <jw_at_mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 11:25:51 -0400

I have a new oracle installation on HPUX 10.20, Oracle 7.3.3. The database is running fine and I can access it locally but cannot get to it via sqlnet. I can tnsping it ok, but with sqlplus over sqlnet, I get an error about trying to open the sgadef.dbf file. The instance has the name "open", and there is a file sgadefopen.dbf in the dbs directory. How do I get oracle to use the proper sgadef file?

Thanks
Joe Received on Mon Apr 27 1998 - 10:25:51 CDT