Re: SQL JOIN ?

From: Schauder <Jens.Schauder_at_opal-edv.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 13:35:44 +0200

The syntax of joins is different in Oracle ( It's all in the where clauses). It works like this:

select TableA.a, TableB.b
 from TableA, TableB
where TableA.key = TableB.key

and ...                       -- Any other constraints.

this will do an inner join.
to get an outer join use (+) at one side of the join:

select TableA.a, TableB.b
 from TableA, TableB
where TableA.key = TableB.key(+)

and ...                       -- Any other constraints.

gets also the set with TableA.key equal to null. (might be the other way round)

Matthew O'Byrne schrieb in Nachricht
<6i1hdt$4s8$1_at_taliesin.netcom.net.uk>...

>I've started altering an MS SQL application to work under Oracle 7.2/.3
>Is it the case that Oracle SQL does not support the JOIN syntax (e.g.
below) ?