NLS_DATE_FORMAT

From: Sze Kiat <sktan7_at_post1.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 11:35:55 +0800

Anybody know anything about setting date format in oracle?

I have a AIX 4.2 server with oracle 7.3.2 database server running on it.

I need to permanently fixed the date for a 4 digit year because of year 2K. Somehow I just could not get it done in my initORACL.ora setting.

I know that I have to add a NLS_DATE_FORMAT in my .profile or alter session to achieve this. Is there any way where I can fixed this on initORCL.ora.

Thanks Received on Sun Apr 26 1998 - 22:35:55 CDT