?Oracle c/s over WAN?

From: CrazyCam Manson <crazycam_at_ar.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 11:01:49 +1000

Hi there folks,

        Sorry to bother you folks, but I wonder if any of you experts on Oracle could help please.

The mob I work for have dicided to install Oracle Financials and MRP, using a big HP 9000 as the database server and "thick" clients which I take to mean self-supporting in terms of application stuff.

I am trying to guestimate our WAN network requirements, but find that the Oracle (Australia) folk are either _very_ unhelpful, or _very_ secretive, or possibly don't know themselves how much bandwidth is likely to be required.

We'd be supporting 5 financials users at each remote site, plus 15 MRP users...total of 20, so can anyone tell me how much bandwidth I'm likely to need?

	regards,
		CrazyCam