Re: Multiple Oracle Versions on Windows NT

From: Richard Woods <rawoods_at_concentric.net>
Date: 26 Apr 1998 20:25:37 EDT

  1. Install Oracle7
  2. Change name of "Oracle for Windows NT" folder to "Oracle7 for Windows NT" to preserve access to Oracle7 tools
  3. Install Oracle8 into same ORACLE_HOME as Oracle7
  4. Optionally change name of "Oracle for Windows NT" folder(s) to "Oracle8 for Windows NT"
  5. Use Oracle7/Oracle8 Instance manager to create new databases
  6. Add new databases to Net8 configuration
  7. Using Server Manager from command line: svrmgr30 set instance <database service name> connect internal startup shutdown