Re: multi threaded server on NT?

From: Phil Herring <revdoc_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 26 Apr 1998 23:32:08 GMT

In article <6hq98u$310$1_at_sky.net> Dan Norris, dann_at_sky.net writes:
>I have read oracle docs that claim that MTS was not supported on oracle7
>for NT, but has been added in oracle8 on NT. Who's right?

Oracle7 answer: MTS was a hack to allow the same threaded software to work under any Unix (because not all Unixes support threading directly). NT has support for threads built in, so Oracle for NT was written to be multithreaded using that native support, and as such, "MTS" doesn't exist under NT. However, it *is* multithreaded.

I don't know about Oracle8.

Copyright 1998 Phil Herring. This article may not be reproduced for profit.