How to avoid sequence from skipping numbers

From: S S Wan <sswan_at_hk.super.net.NOSPAM>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:43:59 +0800

It is possible that a transaction within which a sequence is selected finally roll back. In this case the sequence is not rolled back however and the number will be skipped forever.

Is there any method to avoid this? I want a sequence which will never skip numbers for generation of things like voucher number which is a business requirement (??!!).

Regards,

S S Wan

P.S. Please remove the .NOSPAM in my email address when reply by mail. Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 23:43:59 CDT