Help on Export/Import

From: aa <aau_at_interlog.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:40:34 -0400

Would someone please clarify the following for me:

Let's say I do a full export to EXP1, then do incremental exports to INC1 and INC2 after some changes.

The proper way to restore the database is to Import EXP1, then INC1 and INC2. But it seems that I can also do the following:

  1. Import EXP1,INC2
  2. Import INC1 or INC2 without first Importing EXP1
  3. Import EXP1 twice and then INC1 or INC2.

In each case the import seems successful and Oracle does not complain. But they can't all work. Where are the checks from Oracle?

In the case of proper import sequence of EXP1, INC1, INC2 do I have to zero out the database to receive the first Import?

How would I know I created a consistent database by my imports?

If I have multiple versions of EXP1 and INC1, how does Oracle track the versions? Or is it relying entirely on the user's ability to restore the correct versions properly? Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 21:40:34 CDT