Web enabling existing Oracle database

From: <Karen_S_Porter_at_notesbridge.cummins.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:48:54 -0600

I am a newbie, big time! I have taken training for a new Oracle position that I am to fill in my company. I have been asked to take an existing Oracle database on a Unix DEC ALPHA server, and make that database accessible from the Web. They need a tool that would allow them to make queries against the existing database from a web page and interact with the current forms they have.

What Oracle tool would be most appropriate in this situation? I see on Oracle's web page information about WebServer and Web Application Server. I am confused about the differences between these two.

Thank for your help.