Creation of a column based on values of other columns, help please!

From: Mark Tortolano <mark_tortolano_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:57:31 GMT

Hi, I want to create a View based on a table in Oracle. I've got two columns in the table with numeric values that indicate user preferences. I want to create a third column in this view that will have a true/false value that will be "true" if either of the other columns has a non-zero number in it.

Is it possible to do this in SQL alone, perhaps using DECODE? Or would I have to use PL/SQL to create the view. If so, how?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Tortolano   Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 04:57:31 CDT