Re: Internal Password

From: Igor Sereda <sereda_at_spb.runnet.ru>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 13:18:58 -0400

Hello,

AFAIR, internal password is set while creating database in orapwSID file,
and i know no way to extract it from there. When creating start database while installing, Oracle seems to use 'MANAGER' as a password for that file.

Anyway, any DBA group member can connect internal without password (on Unix).

BTW: Here's a question to Oracle people - what makes DBA group what it it?
I mean what files should be owned by this group to connect internal without
passwords?

Regards,
Igor

--
Igor Sereda,
ITC, Russia Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 12:18:58 CDT