Re: Oracle doesn't start in winNT4.0

From: Pavel Polcar <pavel.polcar_at_berit.cz>
Date: 24 Apr 1998 06:48:07 GMT

Hi,
first check your Services in the Control Panel. OracleServiceORCL and OracleStartORCL should appear there with Startup mode set to Automatic. If not, try to start the service from this dialog box and then change the startup mode to Automatic. It it does not work, you may try to delete and recreate the services with the ORADIM73 utility. Just type ORADIM73 /? for help. Do not use net start for these services. Or you may simply try to deinstall and reinstall SQL*Net 2.3 Server.

Hope this helps,

Pavel Polcar

Giovanni De Lazzari <Giovanni.De_Lazzari_at_poboxes.com> wrote in article
<6hn2kn$pj1_at_everest.vol.it>...