How Can I Create a Table Which will has a AUTO ID Field ?

From: SEED <jasonch_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:07:14 +0800

Hi! Everybody

      This mail was from Taiwan. I had a question as Titile above.It's important for me to create a table with a AUTO ID Field , that means no matter when I insert or append a record , the database system will assist me to write a sequential number to that AUTO ID field. I'd been a user of MS SQL SERVER , it will do that kind function for me, Can Oracle do that ?

      Is there any one can assist me to solve such a problem ? mail me ,please! My mail was

      jasonch_at_ms1.hinet.net   or
      1596_at_cpc.org.tw