Re: Oracle doesn't start in winNT4.0

From: <dothisbyhand_jchuang_at_earthlink.net.dothisbyhand>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 01:40:22 GMT

I ran into this when I was installing my Oracle. The problem was, I was installing one of the options such as context server, or was it parallel server, without actually having it. The installation gave you the option, and it won;t complain if it can't install it. BUT, the instance won't start with that exact error message.

So reinstall, but only check options you know you have and need.

jchuang