Re: technical reasons for splitting data-model into schemes

From: <cmohan_at_iname.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:01:13 -0600

Grouping objects belonging to a particular application into a schema is always a good idea.
Logical database backups (EXPORT/IMPORT) could benefit from splitting the database objects across multiple schemas, since you can do a user level export, which could be much shorter than the full database. And a TABLE mode export cannot export objects other than tables.

Hope this helps,
CM