Oracle Book - How To ?

From: Peter Gross <unix_at_number13.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 17:57:32 +0100

Can someone enlighten me on how to run Oracle Book ?

I have found the b22run and b22runm executables in $ORACLE_HOME/orainst/ob, but cannot get them to run.

I am particularly interested in getting the Motif version working (as I have eveything else running under X where poss.

At the moment I getting the error message ....

"Resource file does not exist in the proper directory, or the directory is incorrectly set."

I have added the directory to my PATH, but this doesn't do it. I expect there is another envionment variable I need to set, but I don't know which one (possibly ORACLE_BOOK :-)

The platform is RS/6000 running AIX 4.2 and the db is 7.3.2.

In the directory $ORACLE_BASE/doc/platform/aix/7.3.2 is the following ...

aixig.obd       - possibly Install Guide for AIX ?
docindex.obd    - the index of the online docs ?
sarg732a.obd    - Server Admin for AIX ?

As mentioned in another post, Oracle was supplied by a third party with no acompanying docs, and therefore access to the online versions would be _very_ useful. (I have installed Enterprise Manager and loaded the std docs with that - supplied in Adobe Acrobat format).

Any/all help appreciated.

TIA --
Peter Gross Received on Thu Apr 23 1998 - 11:57:32 CDT