Re: Redo log file damaged. Help!

From: Julio <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:50:26 +0200

Danil escribió:
> =

> Hello, all. Please help!
> =

> When I try to open database, I get error messages:
> ORA-0368 Checksum error in redo log block
> ORA-0353 Log corruption near block 316 change 248148
> ORA-0312 Online log 2 thread 1 : 'logfile1.ora'
> =

> I think that is due to redo log file damage.
> How to recover redo log file?
> Or how to recover information in database?
> ( There is no backup copy of database :-(( )

I suppose that you have only a log member in each group. Otherwise Oracle'd allow you to continue.
If you work in no archive log mode, I can't see any solution but if you work in archive mode you can try as follow:

.shutdown the database if neccessary.
.Mount it but don't open it.
.Start a recovery until time the log before the damaged one.
.Rename the damaged redo to a new location.
.shutdown the database, make a full bakup and open it with the rest log=
option. =

> Danil Krasnov.
> If possible, copy answer to email: danil_at_maginfo.net
> =

> Thanks in advance.

PS: I won't be in my office till monday so I won't be able to replicate to you till then.

Regards.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Thu Apr 23 1998 - 11:50:26 CDT