Q:Do you take an INDEX hit if you update the primary key with the same values.

From: <jcl_at_lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:00:03 -0600

I was wondering if you take an index hit if the update statement sets the primary key to the same value it was before the update. If so then I would assume that leaving out the primary key would make the statement faster.

Ex:
Table XX

   Col pp - primary key.
   Col yy

Update table xx set values pp = 'Test' , yy = 'uu' where pp = 'Test'; Thanks for the replys.

jcl.

jcl_at_lightspeed.net