Problems dbtools - Oracle8

From: Markus Hamann <mshamann_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:23:03 -0700

We develop an application on an IRIX 6.2 platform by using Oracle 8.0.3 and dbtools.h++.
The database itself runs correctly when trying to run sql-scripts within sqlplus or
when writing small plsql programs. However, as soon as we try to use dbtools to get database
access we run into problems. Even when we try to run the tutsetup resp. tutorial 1 we receive
an error message. First the database connection takes place correctly then an object of
the class VVContactRepository is created including member _table of class RWDBTable.
Afterwards when trying to call _table.exists( TRUE ) an error occurs (segmentation fault, core dump):
ERROR ORA-01019: unable to allocate memory in the user side. Cause: The user side memory allocator returned an error. Action: Increase the process' heap size or switch to the old set of calls.
The Oracle heapsize parameters rlimit_data_cur and rlimit_data_max are set as demanded.

Is there anybody outside who is able to help me??? Thanks!
Markus Received on Thu Apr 23 1998 - 17:23:03 CDT