Re: problems in configuring

From: opus <opus_at_nowhere.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 08:54:44 -0400

A quick galnce through this and 2 thoughts spring to mind initially (and I mean a very quick glance so take with a grain of salt).

  1. If it says there's no listener, start it before the dbsnmp agent. Not sure but I'd think the listener has to be running (never tried it otherwise).
  2. I see you use IP in your client files and not a server name. I was told by Oracle when I was having problems with OEM that is wouldn't work without DNS services. I have no idea if this is fact but it did work much better after I used server names and not IP addresses directly.

I run Oracle 7.3.3.3 and Oralce 8 on the exact same server configuration. I do however, use OEM version 1.4.0