How to Restrict DB access based on Client Type or Adress.

From: Miguel Nogueira <Transparente_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: 23 Apr 1998 09:51:04 GMT

How can this be done using sql*net?
The implemented option is based on 'set role x identified by y' on a session basis.
This way everyone can actually connect to DB. I can observe that V$SESSION gives me many type of info that I would to use in order to restrict access. For example I would like to restrict ODBC or other type of connections.
Basically I would like to give access only to people:
-Using Forms (or other tool that I would be able to describe somewhere )
-No SQL*PLUS.
-Network Identified connections (IP).

 (Like Internet authentication to a proxy).

Please reply to this newsgroup.

Thank you

Miguel Nogueira Received on Thu Apr 23 1998 - 04:51:04 CDT