Re: rollback segment

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378nospam_at_deere.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:22:51 -0500

It seems to me that you can get by with just 36 MB in one tablespace:

	4 rollback segments:
		1MB initial
		1MB next
		minimum extents 2
		optimal 2MB
	This would max out as follows:
		3 segments @2MB (optimal)	 6 MB
		1 segment @30MB (large job)     30 MB

By using optimal in this way, you don't care which segment your large job uses. It will expand as needed (28 space management events should not be noticable) and shrink back to 2MB when the job is over.