Explain plan with aliases of tablenames

From: John Vernes <vernes.j_at_consunet.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:29:20 +0200

Hello,

I have a question regaring the Explain plan.

Our (generic) model consists of 2 tables, which contain all our data. These two tables are T_object (18.000.000 records)

                               and T_relation (40.000.000 records)

Every object is linked together bij a relation to another object. In lots of our select statements multiple joins will be done on the same table.

Simplified example:

select     o0.object_id
from        t_object    o0,
                t_relation  r1,
                t_object    o1,
                t_relation  r2,
                t_object    o2
where     r1.from_object_id   = o0.object_id
    and     r1.to_object_id     = o1.object_id
    and     r2.from_object_id   = o1.object_id
    and     r2.to_object_id     = o2.object_id
    and     o2.object_id        = 1202343;

Using the standard explain delivered by Oracle you are unable to detect which index or which table in the from clause is being accessed. Example: index on from_object_id is being accessed, this could mean table t_relation with alias r1 or r2

My question is very simple,

is it possible to display the aliasnames or some indicator telling me the number of the table in the from clause.

Please don't tell me I am the only one who wants to know this.

Please help me!!!!!

Greetings John Received on Wed Apr 22 1998 - 14:29:20 CDT