Re: Can't connect to oracle

From: <bGrandt_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 12:40:52 -0600

Hi Joelle,

which platform you are running. If it's NT You should have created the new Instance using the ORACLE FOR WINDOWS NT Instance Manager. There you have to put in Names for SID and Password for Internal as well as a "copied" init<ORA_SID>.ora File ... and probably CHARSET .... within advanced Options. Adjusting the tnsnames.ora and Listener.ora are correkt. You can check if two or more Listeners are running by typing lsnrctl stat : there should be running as many listeners as Instances are created on the Server.

Hope this helps

regards Bernd Grandt