RE: Redo logfile damaged. Help!

From: Torsten Borchert <T.Borchert_at_DeutschePost.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:32:57 +0200

Danil wrote:

> Hello, all. Please help!
>
> When I try to open database, I get error messages:
> ORA-0368 Checksum error in redo log block
> ORA-0353 Log corruption near block 316 change 248148
> ORA-0312 Online log 2 thread 1 : 'logfile1.ora'
>
> I think that is due to redo log file damage.
> How to recover redo log file?
> Or how to recover information in database?
> ( There is no backup copy of database :-(( )
>
> Danil Krasnov.
> If possible, copy answer to email: danil_at_maginfo.net
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hello,

it depends on what you have: archive log or noarchivelog noarchive log:
--> first: take a backup!!!
svrmgrl
connect internal
shutdown abort
startup mount
select * from v$log;
select * from v$logfile;
--> if your damaged log file is marked as 'inactive' --> you can drop it and recreate it
alter database drop logfile group NN;
--> in operating system delete them
alter database add logfile group NN ('file1','file2') size XXX; alter database open;
--> take a backup!!!

If the logfile is marked as 'current' or 'active' you can only restore a full offline backup ...

Database in archive log mode:
--> if your damaged logfile is marked as 'inactive' and 'not archived' alter database noarchivelog;
drop logfile group NN;
--> in operating system delete them
alter database add logfile group NN ('file1','file2') size XXX; alter database open;
-->

If the logfile is active:
restore last full backup;
svrmgrl
startup mount
recover database until cancel;
open database reset logs;
--> take full backup !!!

If you have only 2 groups, first create additional group

Torsten Received on Wed Apr 22 1998 - 06:32:57 CDT