Oracle8 Replication - any problems?

From: Stefan Knopp <Stefan.Knopp_at_t-online.de>
Date: 21 Apr 1998 20:17:14 GMT

Hi,

we're about to set up a replicated environment consisting of 16 Sites all equipped with Oracle 8.0.3 Enterprise Edition Servers. The primary mechanism will probably be multi-master replication.

Here's my simple question: Has anyone faced problems in installation and maintenance of such an environment? Are there any major traps one should know before beginning the design?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Stefan Knopp
CSC Ploenzke Consulting GmbH
Bonn, Germany
EMail: sknopp_at_cscmail.csc.com Received on Tue Apr 21 1998 - 15:17:14 CDT