Re: Authentication service failed to initialize

From: <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 21 Apr 1998 16:23:47 -0400

"Paolo Quaglia" <paolo_at_sitek.it> writes:

> Hi
> I'm programming with JAVA servlet and I connect them to ORACLE 8 with the
> Bridge JDBC-ODBC (because it is not available the jdbc driver for Oracle
> 8).
>
> I'm using the IIs web server and the JRUN for the servlet.
>
> The problem is:
> when I try to make a connection to Oracle trough a servlet (the esecutor
> is the web server : inetinfo.exe) I receive this message:
> Autentication service failed to initialize.
> note that if I use the JAVA WEB SERVER the servlet work fine and also if I
> use a java application (with the same code of the servlet) (I think they
> work because I'm the esecutor of the java application ; and the java web
> server use the jre to launch the servlet (not the same process).
>
> HELP ME
>
> Paolo Quaglia Paolo_at_sitek.it

I'm guessing, but it sounds like an ORA-12641 error which is usually caused by the client or the server attempting to use Advanced Networking Option authenticaiton.

Ask the web server administrator or the database administrator to insert the following line into sqlnet.ora:

sqlnet.authentication_services=(beq,none)

That should make the problem go away.

--

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman