Authentication service failed to initialize

From: Paolo Quaglia <paolo_at_sitek.it>
Date: 21 Apr 1998 14:48:20 GMT

Hi
I'm programming with JAVA servlet and I connect them to ORACLE 8 with the Bridge JDBC-ODBC (because it is not available the jdbc driver for Oracle 8).

I'm using the IIs web server and the JRUN for the servlet.

The problem is:

   when I try to make a connection to Oracle trough a servlet (the esecutor is the web server : inetinfo.exe) I receive this message:

               Autentication service failed to initialize. note that if I use the JAVA WEB SERVER the servlet work fine and also if I use a java application (with the same code of the servlet) (I think they work because I'm the esecutor of the java application ; and the java web server use the jre to launch the servlet (not the same process).

HELP ME Paolo Quaglia Paolo_at_sitek.it Received on Tue Apr 21 1998 - 09:48:20 CDT