Return Table datatype from SP through JDBC/ODBC

From: Mikael Schonenberg <micke_at_netg.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:39:28 +0200

 Greetings, my friends.

 This questions is actually more conserned with Java than Oracle I believe, but this seems like a place where I might be able to get an answer.

 Our problem is that we can not execute Stored Procedures (or rather functions actually) that return a table datatype when connecting to the database (Oracle 7.3, NT) through ODBC or JDBC. Sending tables between stored procedures is not a problem (at least not now when I've figured out that the table datatype to be sent needs to be globally defined first), and calling functions that return primitive datatypes from the outside is not a problem either. But when trying to execute a PL/SQL function in the database that returns a table datatype and take care of that table in an external application (in this case an ActiveX object coded in Java), we just can't get it to work. Any ideas anyone?

/Mikael Received on Tue Apr 21 1998 - 04:39:28 CDT