Re: Oracle Web Server 3.0

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/04/20

In your PL/SQL cartridge Agent administration, you should have already set up your cartridge to be used on the Authorized Ports, which should include the port number for your specific listener.

As well, during DAD administration, if you selected the checkbox "Store the user name and password in the DAD", then use of this DAD by an agent will not prompt the user for their username or password.

You should check that the administration utilities have correctly set up a virtual path for your PL/SQL agent (check this in the PL/SQL Agent Administration -> Configure Web Request Broker parameters for PL/SQL). If you have this, then you should be ready to go (after restarting your listener and reloading the wrb).

Just try the URL:

Hope this helps.

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:38:02 +0300, Erbug Celebi <celebi_at_cs.deu.edu.tr> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I want to set up Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 allowing users to
>login to the database without password (as generic user). And I want
>to execute PL/SQL from web page without getting the message box asking
>for username and password.And also, I dont know which database user must
>
>have this PL/SQL which will be used by generic web user.
>
>This is what I have done:
>1- Create a new DAD (also create new DB user.)
>2- Create a new Agent that uses the DAD created in step1.
>3- Create a listener that listens port 80. (But I dont know how
> I can associate DAD (in step 1) and the listener.
>
>ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Erbug Celebi.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Apr 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT