Re: Who has export utility for Oracle 7.1.x and Win95

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 21:10:55 -0400

Hi Peter,

If your objective is to create backups for subsequent loading into Oracle, Oracle comes with both IMP and EXP utilities. They should be in $ORACLE_HOME\bin and may be named something like EXPnnn where nnn is some three digit number identifying the version of the utility. Once you find them read the server utilities manual for information on how to use them.

If your purpose is to create ASCII files just do a SELECT * FROM table; This will give you trailing blanks and blank as the column separator. If you want a comma delimited file just SET COLSEP ','. (Ooops I am not sure if COLSEP is supported in 7.1.x -- but try it).

Regards

Jerry

--
Jerry Gitomer Since I know how to spell DBA I became one. jgitomer_at_p3.net Received on Mon Apr 20 1998 - 20:10:55 CDT