Re: Change password of a user from stored procedure

From: Jackie Marino <Jackie.A.Marino_at_wgp.twc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 19:29:30 GMT

Connor McDonald wrote:

> Maike Elverkemper wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to change the password of a db-user (Workgroup Server 7.3) from a
> > stored procedure. The stored procedure will be invoked by the
> > PL/SQL-Cartridge of the Web Application Server 3.0.
> >
> > Besides I want to create new databases users from a stored procedure
> >
> > Is it possible to execute sql-commands like that directly from a stored
> > procedure or are there any other possibilities?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Maike
>
> procedure do_ddl(sql_string varchar2) is
> tcursor integer;
> dummy integer;
> begin
> tcursor := dbms_sql.open_cursor;
> dbms_sql.parse(tcursor,sql_string,dbms_sql.v7);
> dummy := dbms_sql.execute(tcursor);
> dbms_sql.close_cursor(tcursor);
> exception when others then
> dbms_sql.close_cursor(tcursor);
> raise;
> end;
>
> --
> Connor McDonald
> BHP Information Technology
> Perth, Western Australia
> "These views mine not BHP..etc etc"
>
> "The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad."

I created the above procedure, but when I try to change a user's password or create a user, oracle gives me the insufficient priviledges error. I created the procedure under my schema and tried to execute it from my schema. I have the dba role. I can create and alter a user from the regular prompt, but not through the procedure. Do you know why? Received on Mon Apr 20 1998 - 14:29:30 CDT