Information Required on Problems Occuring with Oracle Webserver on Solaris

From: Colin Woods <newsgroupcw_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:52:08 +0100

Dear All

I need some information from people who have installed Oracle WebServer on Solaris.

I currently have OWS v2.1.1 installed on Solaris 2.6, with Oracle v7.3

Problems seem to occur in the webserver in that, the Web Request Broker child processes demand a large amount of CPU (e.g. I have record 6 WRB process running at once, 3 of which have child processes demanding 20% of the CPU each).

As you can imagine this is 'killing' other important process that are running on our machine.

Has anyone experienced the same or similar problems, and what solution did you come up with?

OR

If anyone has OWS v2.1.1 installed on Solaris 2.5.1, or OWS 3.0 Installed on Solaris 2.6 also let me know of any problems you have experienced with regard to performance.

My current solution is to either downgrade to Solaris 2.5.1(which is only millennium compliant with patches) or upgrade to OWS 3.0 (which I am told is more resource hungry) but I am not sure which to go for?

Any information will be appreciated

Colin Woods Received on Mon Apr 20 1998 - 10:52:08 CDT